El indicador de luz no funciona correctamente

Nuestro mejor punto de apoyo para arreglar los problemas mecánicos, eléctricos y electrónicos de la primera generación de León (1999-2006)

Moderador: LeonFR.Gz

El indicador de luz no funciona correctamente

Notapor anruby el 24 Feb 2021, 22:32

Hello!

I'm terribly sorry that I have to write in English since my Spanish is really bad and this is the most active Seat forum I could find. I looked at every other forum possible and I checked every thread on this forum by keywords "tablero" and "salpicadero" ( :banana: Google Translator :banana: ) to find similiar problem and I did not find anything. It seems like this problem is very rare and I can't find the solution.

I own Toledo 1M (2004) 1.9 TDi 81kW, and when I was cruising around a few days ago, my light indicator on dashboard started blinking and it is changing its state randomly (between turned off, half-bright turned on or full-bright turned on). It doesn't matter what the state is on dashboard, lights are on/off depending on light switch position. Now, it is purely random f.e. when light switch is in "low beams" position, 2 minutes it doesn't show on dashboard, 10 seconds it shows half-bright, 1 minute full-bright or it could be entirely differently.

I tried to change fuses and light switch mechanism, I looked at the cables from light switch and they seem to be without any damage. Any ideas what could be the cause?

P.S. Other dashboard indicators are fully functional (even fog lights indicator).
anruby
Nuev@ por aqui

Coche: Leon MK1 1.9 TDI 110cv

Re: El indicador de luz no funciona correctamente

Notapor BoGuS el 25 Feb 2021, 22:39

Hello.
Sorry for my english.

1st above the battery there is a general fuse box, take a look in case any affects this issue.

2nd it is very possible that the switch for the low beams, 110w / 12 v = 9.16 A, is not in the control itself that regulates them but rather in a relay that is the one who makes the contact, check if this is possible

3º If it does not go through a relay or it is correctly and there is no current or the fuse, it is possible that the fuse box, where all the cables with the connectors or combs arrive, some interior track is damaged and you have to change it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98005

If you have an VAGCOM or OBD try to search for dtcs

Un saludo y PuXa CPSL
Para el futbol, para el tenis, para el basket y para el golf hace falta una pelota. Pero para los RALLYS hacen falta 2!!!!!

Mi pequeño homenaje a Gaby-GTR
BoGuS
Moderador KDD's

Coche: Leon MK1 1.9 TDI 100cv

Re: El indicador de luz no funciona correctamente

Notapor anruby el 26 Feb 2021, 20:46

BoGuS escribió:1st above the battery there is a general fuse box, take a look in case any affects this issue.

So I looked at the fuses above battery and they look like this :
https://imgur.com/otCYg2A
https://imgur.com/TdG9cPI
Could this be the cause? So I need to change that fuses? Also the black cable is warm when using low beam lights.
BoGuS escribió:If you have an VAGCOM or OBD try to search for dtcs

I have VAGCOM and it does not show any errors.
anruby
Nuev@ por aqui

Coche: Leon MK1 1.9 TDI 110cv

Volver a Leon I - Mecánica / Electricidad / Electrónica